Welcome to Isla Fisher Web! Here at Isla Fisher Web we just love Isla, and want to share that love with you by providing you with the ultimate Isla Fisher fan experience online! Jump on into our site and find detailed information on Isla's career, fan games, media downloads, as well as the most extensive Isla gallery available. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have anything to say, and check back regularly for all the latest and greatest on the Aussie firecracker!
Isla Fisher Web is an unofficial fansite dedicted to supporting and promoting the career of Isla Fisher. We have no contact with Ms Fisher or her family or management. No copyright infringement is intended through the use of content within this website.
Great news Isla fans, Miss Fisher graces the cover of the new Winter issue of Women’s Health magazine! I can’t be 100% sure, but I think this is the UK edition. Isla looks fantastic in the new photoshoot, and alongside it is a new interview in which Isla touches on several subjects, including her husband, her body, and her Aussie pals. It’s so exciting to see Isla on the cover of a big magazine again, especially one as different and interesting as Women’s Health!
Below are some released quotes from the interview, and you can see the cover and first two photoshoot pictures in our gallery. I will have scans for you asap.
The magazine hits UK (?) news-stands on Wednesday.
• “After doing that [Wedding Crashers], I had 12 months where I was auditioning three times a day and I didn’t get a single job. That was a real low point. But with hindsight, those movies turned out to be awful, so I dodged a bullet. If I’d got any of them, I wouldn’t be where I am today.”
• “I never had the chutzpah to just come to LA and make it. I didn’t have that confidence. I’m always surprised when I get a job. I never saw this in my horizon.”
• “I do watch my food. But I’ve been blessed in that I never had any body issues during pregnancy. I loved being able to eat whatever I wanted and the whole experience of giving life. And I never worried about losing the weight afterwards, because breastfeeding burns all the calories up so fast. Breastfeeding – that’s my big slimming secret! That and Spanx. Anytime anyone compliments me on my figure, I’m wearing my Spanx undies.”
• “I’m not actually very good at the maintenance thing. I don’t buff, exfoliate, pluck, rinse, moisturise, suck, bleach, whatever all those women do. I don’t have vajacials. Have you heard of those? It’s like a spa for your vagina!”
• (On her fellow Aussie stars) “We can all do the accent really easily. And we all look great in a bikini. Including Russell Crowe – no one pulls off a bikini like Russell. I am sort of friends with them all. I just did a movie with Hugh Jackman [Rise Of The Guardians], and I catch up with Naomi [Watts] whenever I’m in New York.”
• (On converting to Judaism) “It takes a couple of years of studying. I’ve always been really into family and food, so culturally it was the right fit for me.”
• (On Rango co-stars Johnny Depp and Bill Nighy) “He’s like a magical creature – incredibly funny, clever and nice. It’s sort of as if he’s come from another planet. And Bill Nighy is very warm, gregarious and very talented. He played the snake in Rango and was hilarious on set.”
It’s once again quiet in Isla-world, so I thought I’d make a bit of a different update today – I’ve added HD screencaptures from Rango to the Gallery. Normally I wouldn’t add screencaptures from an animated project as we’re not actually seeing Isla herself, but I’ve noticed there is some interest from fans in photos from animated works, so I thought I’d add these for you.
I’ve added a minimal amount of screencaptures as it’s only an animated role, but I’ve captured all scenes so you can see what Isla’s character Beans gets up to in the movie. Rango was one of my favourite films of 2011 – I thought it was so unique, funny and clever, and Isla really put her stamp on the character of Beans, using her trademark humour to bring Beans to life and making her so hilarious.
What did you think of Rango? Do you like screencaptures from animated projects?
It was movie’s big night last night, with the 84th Annual Academy Awards taking place in Hollywood. A very big congratulations goes to the cast and crew of Rango, which took home the Oscar for Best Animated Feature Film! This is fantastic, and I’m really happy for all those involved in the making of the movie. It was one of my favourite films of 2011, which I was not expecting, and I thought it was such an original, smart and hilarious movie, and very deserving of this award.
I was hoping Isla might appear at one of the after parties, seeing as how her husband was at the event (albeit in character), but unfortunately not!
Congrats once again to Gore Verbinski and the Rango team…
Animated Feature Film
– A Cat in Paris – Alain Gagnol and Jean-Loup Felicioli
– Chico & Rita – Fernando Trueba and Javier Mariscal
Have a look at this video which shows the creation of the visual effects for Rango, which were done by the Industrial Light & Magic company. While there’s nothing new on Isla, it may be interesting to some:
The now Academy Award®-nominated Rango, from director Gore Verbinski and starring the voice of Johnny Depp, saddles up for a one week limited engagement at the ArcLight Hollywood beginning this Friday, January 27th. The original animated comedy-adventure from Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon Movies a Blind Wing/GK Films Production that takes moviegoers for a hilarious and heartfelt walk in the Wild West, was this morning nominated for an Academy Award® for Best Animated Feature Film.
Rango is the winner of the National Board of Review and Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Animated Feature, while top critics’ groups around the country have declared Rango the Best Animated Film of 2011, including Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington D.C.
The incomparable Johnny Depp voices Rango, a chameleon living as an ordinary family pet who dreams of being a fearless hero and is challenged to become just that when he inadvertently becomes the sheriff of a lawless desert town called Dirt. Story by John Logan Gore Verbinski and James Ward Byrkit, Written by John Logan, Directed by Gore Verbinski, the visionary behind the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, Rango delighted audiences of all ages, earning more than $230 million worldwide. The film also features the voices of Isla Fisher, Abigail Breslin, Alfred Molina, Bill Nighy, Ned Beatty, Harry Dean Stanton, Ray Winstone and Timothy Olyphant.
The 15th Annual Hollywood Film Festival and Hollywood Film Awards, presented by Starz Entertainment, have announced that “Rango” will receive this year’s Hollywood Animation Award at the festival’s gala ceremony on October 24, 2011, at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
The Paramount Pictures/Nickelodeon Movies feature film is directed by Gore Verbinski and stars Johnny Depp, Isla Fisher, Abigail Breslin, Alfred Molina, Bill Nighy, Harry Dean Stanton, Ray Winstone and Timothy Olyphant as the Spirit of the West. The screenplay was written by Oscar®-nominated screenwriter John Logan with the story by John Logan, Gore Verbinski and James Ward Byrkit. Produced by Verbinski’s Blind Wink Productions, Graham King and John Carls, “Rango” also marks the first animated feature film for award-winning special effects house Industrial Light & Magic (ILM).
The announcement was made today by Carlos de Abreu, Founder and Executive Director of the Hollywood Film Festival. “It is a great pleasure to recognize “Rango” as the recipient of our animation award. This piece of cinematic treasure borders on surrealism and “Rango” will be a classic for generations to come.”
Past recipients of the Hollywood Animation Award include “Cars,” “Ratatouille,” “Toy Story 3,” “UP,” and “Wall-E.”
Our Rango contest is now CLOSED, and it’s time to announce the lucky winner! *drum roll* The Rango DVD/blu-ray combo goes to Allison in Montana! She correctly answered that Isla imagined her character Beans as the lovechild of Hollywood stars Clint Eastwood and Holly Hunter. We hope you enjoy your DVD/blu-ray Allison!
Big thanks goes again to Sharon at M80 and Paramount Home Entertainment for allowing us to run this contest for Isla Fisher Web visitors.
Time Warner Cable digital customers can now watch Rango on Movies On Demand. Featuring the voices of Johnny Depp and Isla Fisher, this animated comedy tells the story of an ordinary chameleon who accidentally winds up in the town of Dirt, a lawless outpost in the Wild West in desperate need of a new sheriff. Just pop the popcorn, gather up the family, order Rango—and make any night family night.
Customers can watch Rango by tuning to the Movies On Demand channel and visiting the All New category. For movie trailers and more information on Time Warner Cable Movies On Demand, please visit www.twondemand.com.
As I posted about a couple of days ago, Rango is released on DVD/blu-ray combo this coming Friday (July 15th). Well today you have the chance to win a copy here at Isla Fisher Web! Thanks to Sharon at M80 and Paramount Home Entertainment, we have ONE copy of the DVD/blu-ray to give away to a lucky US visitor.
To enter, all you have to do is answer the following question:
Isla said she imagined her character Beans as the lovechild of two Hollywood stars – who?