Great news Isla fans, Miss Fisher graces the cover of the new Winter issue of Women’s Health magazine! I can’t be 100% sure, but I think this is the UK edition. Isla looks fantastic in the new photoshoot, and alongside it is a new interview in which Isla touches on several subjects, including her husband, her body, and her Aussie pals. It’s so exciting to see Isla on the cover of a big magazine again, especially one as different and interesting as Women’s Health!
Below are some released quotes from the interview, and you can see the cover and first two photoshoot pictures in our gallery. I will have scans for you asap.
The magazine hits UK (?) news-stands on Wednesday.
• “After doing that [Wedding Crashers], I had 12 months where I was auditioning three times a day and I didn’t get a single job. That was a real low point. But with hindsight, those movies turned out to be awful, so I dodged a bullet. If I’d got any of them, I wouldn’t be where I am today.”
• “I never had the chutzpah to just come to LA and make it. I didn’t have that confidence. I’m always surprised when I get a job. I never saw this in my horizon.”
• “I do watch my food. But I’ve been blessed in that I never had any body issues during pregnancy. I loved being able to eat whatever I wanted and the whole experience of giving life. And I never worried about losing the weight afterwards, because breastfeeding burns all the calories up so fast. Breastfeeding – that’s my big slimming secret! That and Spanx. Anytime anyone compliments me on my figure, I’m wearing my Spanx undies.”
• “I’m not actually very good at the maintenance thing. I don’t buff, exfoliate, pluck, rinse, moisturise, suck, bleach, whatever all those women do. I don’t have vajacials. Have you heard of those? It’s like a spa for your vagina!”
• (On her fellow Aussie stars) “We can all do the accent really easily. And we all look great in a bikini. Including Russell Crowe – no one pulls off a bikini like Russell. I am sort of friends with them all. I just did a movie with Hugh Jackman [Rise Of The Guardians], and I catch up with Naomi [Watts] whenever I’m in New York.”
• (On converting to Judaism) “It takes a couple of years of studying. I’ve always been really into family and food, so culturally it was the right fit for me.”
• (On Rango co-stars Johnny Depp and Bill Nighy) “He’s like a magical creature – incredibly funny, clever and nice. It’s sort of as if he’s come from another planet. And Bill Nighy is very warm, gregarious and very talented. He played the snake in Rango and was hilarious on set.”
Leave a Reply